Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bulgogi Spring Rolls (Vietnamese-Korean Fusion)


Since I started cooking Vietnamese, we had fresh spring rolls only once!  In an effort to make it more often (and it's really easy to let everyone wrap their own with what they like - especially my boyfriend who's picky about his veggies), we tried these bulgogi spring rolls from Helen!  They marry delicious korean bulgogi beef (I used Maangchi's recipe!) and kimchi with fresh veggies and herbs like a regular Vietnamese fresh spring roll.  The dipping sauce is a mixture of what every dipping sauce should contain (peanut butter, gochujang, miso, honey...).


So this recipe was inspired by a recipe from Danang Cuisine/Helen's Recipes.  I forgot to add kimchi to mine, but I guess you can put whatever you want.  The sauce is really a must try!  The only real modification I made was to use Maangchi's bulgogi marinade, because it's my go-to bulgogi recipe and I know it's authentic!  

Helen's Bulgogi Spring Rolls Recipe:
http://danangcuisine.com/recipes/bulgogi-spring-rolls-goi-cuon-bo-han-quoc/


For Maangchi's delicious bulgogi marinade, plus instructions and video, go there:

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/bulgogi


Overall it was really good, fresh, tasty and textural, the dipping sauce I might use for other filling combinations of spring rolls.  You should really try this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment