Saturday 3 May 2014

Canh Ga Chien Mam (Vietnamese) Vietnamese Fried Chicken Wings in Fish Sauce


Yesterday was Friday night, and nothing screams more WEEKEND than indulging in some deep-fried foods!  Also, almost each time I ask my boyfriend to pick what he'd like me to cook, his first choice is fried chicken.  Since I'm in a Vietnamese cooking phase, I still had to try these Vietnamese classic deep-fried chicken wings dipped in fish sauce.  


These chicken wings are crisp and really juicy.  You deep-fry them and transfer them one by one directly from the oil to the concentrated nuoc-cham.  Really tasty, pungent and smelly!  My only advice is to fry them longer than in the recipe so they're REALLY crisp before you soak them in fish sauce. And as usual, I took the recipe from the talented Helen, queen of the Vietnamese Kitchen in Germany!  Recipe here:

http://danangcuisine.com/recipes/recipe-63-canh-ga-chien-mam-fried-chicken-wings-in-fish-sauce/


Here I served the wings with Vietnamese tomato rice, cucumbers with sesame-peanut salt, corn cobs with butter, salt and Nanami Togarashi.  That rice is so good that I made it two days in a row, you can find my post from yesterday about it here:

http://sunnysdelights.blogspot.ca/2014/05/com-sot-ca-chua-vietnamese-red-or.html

No comments:

Post a Comment